Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Strong dollars helps my dividend income

Since owning share of Whitestone Reit (WSR) I've been receiving their dividend every month. To date I have received four dividend payments. Since the beginning I own 50 shares of WSR. And, every month I have been receiving more dividend than the month before. This is not because of dividend reinvestment, but only because of the exchange rate between dollar and Euro.

When looking at the dividends received it increase from €3,59 to €3,83 after taxes. This is an increase of 6.7% without the company raising its dividend in dollars.

On the other hand my dividend income is vulnerable when the Euro gets stronger again. I don't think that will happen soon as the QE in Europe is still in full force while the Fed is raising interest rates again. Still I should think about that when I want to calculate how much dividend income I'll need to live off the dividends.

Reacties

  1. Dollar have huge impact on economy of any country, I hope that this impact will remain not for long and more currencies will emerge. Thank you for sharing it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Dividend Update

It's been quiet here on the blog for a while now. Nothing's wrong but I was very busy at work and at home and didn't feel the energy to write some blogs. But now that everything is calming down a bit, it is time to pick up where I left off. I've been investing a bit in the last month. I bought 10 extra UNA shares and also 11 shares of OHI. Both when they were dipping after their reported Q3 results. Also I started investing in a new Mutual fund, which invests mainly in bonds. In total I invested just short of 900 Euros for an expected anual dividend increase of €33. I also collected dividends in september and october. In september I received €58.82 an increase of 270% compared to last year. In november I received €15.58, an increase of 80% compared to last year.

May 17: Dividend income

June has already started so it is time to report my dividend income in May. May was a better month than February, but it could have been even better. Because the dollar took a hit compared to the Euro, my income in Euro's suffered a bit. I received dividend from the follwing companies: Whitestone REIT (WSR): €5.39 Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI): €19,31 Texas Instruments (TXN): €1,53 Abbvie (ABBV): €1,47 Kempen Global High Dividend Mutual Fund: €4,86 (DRIP) Total net dividend income was €32,56, breaking the €100 YTD and almost equalling the total dividend income of 2016. I cannot compare this month's income with last year, because last year I didn't receive any dividends. How was your May dividend income? I will updat my dividend income page soon..

Recent purchase: BNS

With the money I had from the sell of ABBV I expanded on my BNS position. I bought another 4 shares. For my net dividend income the sell and buy have a small impact. I lost €8 by selling ABBV and I gained €10.60 by buying BNS. I bought BNS at $62.55 a share. With a quarterly dividend of $0.63, BNS yields 4%.