Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

New position AD


Yesterday I initiated a new postion. I bought 10 shares of Ahold Delhaize (AMS: AD). AD is company that was formed by the merger of Ahold from The Netherlands and Delhaize from Belgium. Ahold constists of their flagship Albert Heijn the market leader in supermarkets in The Neterlands, the largest liquor store chain Gall&Gall and the reason why Amazon doesn't have a big market share in Holland, bol.com.

Most of these brands are also known in Belgium, but the main brand for Belgium is Delhaize.

Aold Delhaize is also active in the United States with brands like:

  • Foodlion
  • Stop&Shop
  • bfresh
and many more.They are also active in Asia.

I was eyeing for AD a little while but found them a bit expensive at a share price of €20 but since the announced takeover of Wholefoods by Amazon the share prices has taken a hit and closed at €16.04 yesterday. So it was now well within the price I was willing to pay for it.

I bought 10 shares of AD at a share price of €16.30. Including transaction costs I paid a total of €165.03. Looking at the latest regular dividend AD paid this purchase will increase my annual dividend with €5.70. This purchase yields at 3.45%. My total expected annual dividend rises to €415 due to this buy.

Reacties

  1. Very nicely done, I haven't heard of them before but perhaps that is because I haven't been to The Netherlands before! Maybe one day. Cheers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Dividend Update

It's been quiet here on the blog for a while now. Nothing's wrong but I was very busy at work and at home and didn't feel the energy to write some blogs. But now that everything is calming down a bit, it is time to pick up where I left off. I've been investing a bit in the last month. I bought 10 extra UNA shares and also 11 shares of OHI. Both when they were dipping after their reported Q3 results. Also I started investing in a new Mutual fund, which invests mainly in bonds. In total I invested just short of 900 Euros for an expected anual dividend increase of €33. I also collected dividends in september and october. In september I received €58.82 an increase of 270% compared to last year. In november I received €15.58, an increase of 80% compared to last year.

May 17: Dividend income

June has already started so it is time to report my dividend income in May. May was a better month than February, but it could have been even better. Because the dollar took a hit compared to the Euro, my income in Euro's suffered a bit. I received dividend from the follwing companies: Whitestone REIT (WSR): €5.39 Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI): €19,31 Texas Instruments (TXN): €1,53 Abbvie (ABBV): €1,47 Kempen Global High Dividend Mutual Fund: €4,86 (DRIP) Total net dividend income was €32,56, breaking the €100 YTD and almost equalling the total dividend income of 2016. I cannot compare this month's income with last year, because last year I didn't receive any dividends. How was your May dividend income? I will updat my dividend income page soon..

Recent purchase: BNS

With the money I had from the sell of ABBV I expanded on my BNS position. I bought another 4 shares. For my net dividend income the sell and buy have a small impact. I lost €8 by selling ABBV and I gained €10.60 by buying BNS. I bought BNS at $62.55 a share. With a quarterly dividend of $0.63, BNS yields 4%.